Children and families
Come discover the mahJ collections with your family!
Things to know
For your convenience
- Parents with young children can leave pushchairs in the cloakroom and take a baby carrier. There is a nappy-changing space in one of the restrooms.
- Ask to use the lifts to go from floor to floor.
- If you need to take a break after your visit, there are tables and chairs in the entrance hall and benches in the main courtyard.
- The bookshop has a section of books in English.
- There is a water fountain and a hot drinks machine in the bookshop.
Special admission rates
- Under 18s: free admission to the permanent collection and exhibitions.
- 18-26 year-olds living in the European Union: free admission to the permanent collection and reduced rate for the exhibitions.
- 18-26 year-olds living outside the European Union: reduced rate for the permanent collection and exhibitions.
- See all the admission rates
Around the museum
- There is a wide selection of restaurants in the surrounding district.
- You can picnic on the grass and children can play in the Anne Frank Garden, reached via Impasse Berthaud and only a few steps from the museum. From there you can admire the rear façade of the Hôtel de Saint-Aignan, home of the Musée d’art et d’histoire du Judaïsme.
Discover the Marais quarter with the Marais juif guide - a guide of this Parisian Jewish district in the surrounding of the mahJ, available at the ticket desk.
Things to do during your visit
Use the Families Pack
The families pack
- Available free of charge at the ticket desk. For all from three years onwards.
- The Families Pack contains an educational booklet, games and objects designed to help parents and children playfully and creatively discover the museum together. The Families Pack caters for all ages, enabling you to observe, discover, learn, draw and invent your own stories…
- The Family Pack’s accompanying booklet is available in English.
The audioguide to the permanent collection for adults
- audioguide is available free of charge in six languages.
Guided tours for families for single families or groups
- Take part in one of the guided tours in English scheduled on Sundays at 15.00 from May to August. These tours are designed for children from 8 years onwards accompanied by adults. To participate, simply go to the ticket desk a few minutes before the beginning of the visit. Reduced rates for children. Two themes alternate: Discover the mahJ and Walking tour of the Jewish Marais
- These guided tours can be reserved for groups of up to 25 people, in German, English, Spanish and Hebrew (see reservation conditions).