Georges Jeanclos (Paris, 1933 - Paris, 1997), The Guerry Columns, detail of the capital, France, 1994

 
Accrochage

The Guerry Columns by Georges Jeanclos

Until January 31st 2021

The Guerry Columns, a major work Georges Jeanclos (1933-1997), joined recently the mahJ’s collections thanks to an exceptional donation by the artist’s family of a full-scale terracotta study of the bronze monument erected in the hamlet of Guerry at Savigny-en-Septaine in the Cher. A poignant evocation of one of the crimes of the Shoah perpetrated on the French territory, this work constitutes a major enrichment of the mahJ’s contemporary collection.

Amedeo Modigliani, La Chevelure noire, dite aussi Jeune fille brune assise, détail, 1918
Exposition

Chagall, Modigliani, Soutine…Paris as a School, 1905-1940

Scheduled from 2 April till 23 August 2020, the exhibition has been postponed to spring 2021, due to the health crisis linked to the Coronavirus and the closure of the museum from 16 March to 6 June 2020.

The School of Paris designates the artistic scene constituted by foreign artists from all over Europe and also the Americas, Asia and Africa. This cosmopolitism was unprecedented in art history.

Visite guidée

Discover the mahJ

Due to the covid 19 epidemic, this programme has been cancelled. Tours for small groups (up to 15) are available from 1st september 2020.

A guided tour in English for everyone: children, teenagers and adults

In the narrow street "Rue des Rosiers". During a walking tour of the Jewish Marais.
Promenade hors les murs

Walking Tour of the Jewish Marais

Due to the covid 19 epidemic, this program has been cancelled. Tours for small groups (up to 15) are available from 1st september 2020

A guided tour for everyone: children, teenagers and adults

Michel Kikoïne, Claire's portrait, 1928
Accrochage

The École de Paris in mahJ's collectionThe donations of Claire Maratier and Lydie Lachenal

From Saturday 6 June 2020 until Sunday 31 January 2021

The mahJ presents a hanging of works from its collections donated by two great collectors, daughters of the painters of the École de Paris, Michel Kikoïne and Léon Weissberg.